Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rain Rain Please Stay Until At Least 6 p.m. Because I'm Lazy

Today is day two of the diet and my new role. The new role is easier than the diet. When you've been eating whatever sounds good for the last two weeks, your stomach tends to rumble at eating just protein and veggies. I'm doing the Ultimate New York Body Plan with a friend. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure it's better than what I have been doing and I need to be hungry every now and again, but the first two weeks of dieting are the worst. Luckily, this intense part of the diet is only two weeks long. And if I can lose a few more lbs in the process, then it will surely be worth it.

However, with little to go on and promise of butt kicking, the diet and boot camp are a mix that I'm not looking forward to. I'm hoping it rains until at least 6 so that we'll have to be inside for boot camp and I won't have to run up the steps of the Tennessee State Capitol "Rocky" style...again.

So aside from that, my new role in the AHA started yesterday officially. It will be my fourth new role in my time here. Four roles in eight years means about 2 years a role. That's about right. I'm now a Senior Development Director and will get to manage (hooray!), work on the corporate accounts that tests my strategic thinking skills, and continue to work with volunteers on marketing initiatives. What's different is that with a few lingering exceptions, I don't have to work on our local childhood obesity efforts and my weekends will be less filled with obligations. I'm not going so far as to say that I won't be working on the weekends. It's just that my work will be on my terms and not because I'm at a kid's event trying to get 5th graders to join the empowerME movement.

Of course, that life of luxury starts after this weekend. This weekend I'll be up to my neck in kids events. Kids and no carbs. This could be a long weekend.

However, no matter how hungry or angry I get, I won't be like this guy. Now that's just embarrassing. (Thanks, Chef for the link!)

1 comment:

Shera said...

What kind of a-hole punches a dog? A cat, maybe... but not a dog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...