Pages

Sunday, October 04, 2009

I Thought We Got Cats. . .Not Dogs

Yup. It's going to be a quick cat blog. Mostly because one of our cats started doing something disturbing that had me thinking about all of our cats. We started with Genghis and soon enough all the cats were exhibiting dog-like behavior. Maybe all cats have similar traits, but I have yet to hear of it. Here goes:
  • Genghis recognizes his name and comes when called.
  • If Chef pats his legs, Genghis comes bounding across the room and hops into his lap to be pet.
  • When you rub the couch or bed in a circular motion with your hand, Attila hops up and flops on his side. If you don't immediately start petting him, he then flips on his back and puts his paws in the air--like he's a true player.
  • Lastly, because I know this list is getting boring. There's the issue of feminine hygiene products. Attila has an affinity for them. At first he just went into the trash and picked out whatever he could. Tampon, wrapper, pad, it didn't matter to him. So I started throwing them away in trash containers that were too high for him to stick his little snout into. Then he started going into my purse. It wasn't until all I saw was a tail sticking out of my bag that I realized he was digging in for my mobile stash of tampons. I zipped it up, but apparently I wasn't consistent because yesterday morning I woke up to a completely unwrapped unused tampon that had been carried through the house like a trophy. Maybe the string makes him think it's a mouse. Wait, he does that with pads too. Never mind. We're thinking of getting Attila counseling.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

One of my cats begs at the dinner table. He will eat ANYTHING you put in front of him, just like a dog. He also comes when called and does tricks and fetches.

The girl cat is all cat, though, and does nothing interesting.

Presh said...

I just want you to know that this is the first time I've s olled through to leave a comment, but now read your post. You lost me at "cat."

Presh said...

*scrolled* and *not*
I'm full of typos tonight

Shera said...

She lost me at "feminine hygiene product."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...