Pages

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

My Favorite Signs of Fall

For the first time this year, I felt it was fall. It was not only the lack of rain, but the crisp bite in the air while you're car's still warm inside from the day's sunshine. Here are some of my other favorite signs of fall:
  • Football games that mean something. Once you're this far into the fall, College games get interesting because top teams aren't playing the little sisters of the poor and pro teams have either won or lost enough to either confirm or refute any predictions of the season.
  • Pumpkin Spice Anything. Today I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. I also saw an ad for pumpkin spice candles, cupcakes, donuts and even beer. And I will probably buy them all because when you mix pumpkin with nutmeg, cinnamon and clove what you get is delicious and/or fragrant.
  • Tall boots. I've got good legs and I know how to use them. Primarily in leather zip-up rockin' boots.
  • After 120+ games, baseball is interesting again. The pennants were decided (for the most part) long ago, so now that the play offs are starting, it's time to start watching baseball again.
  • Midnight Madness. The first official practice for NCAA Men's Basketball. Where hope springs eternal for Hoosier fans.
  • Running in crisp mornings rock!It's too warm to run with a jacket and just cold enough that sweating provides comfortable relief.
Thank you mother nature. I used to think that Spring was my favorite season, but now I'm having second thoughts. . .

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I think we need a pic of you on the blog rockin those boots, girl! :)

Hope you're doing well! Love reading your posts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...