Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chocolate Sludge

Today is Day Three of the diet and overall, it's not as bad as I anticipated last week. Mostly because I was trying to cook for three days all in the span of three hours. It wasn't a pretty sight. In fact, Chef got the brunt of my fury. I mean, I'm all about salmon burgers, but it is damn hard to mush together chunks of salmon and egg whites until they patty up enough to cook and flip on a stovetop.

However, now that I'm just reheating stuff to eat, it's not so bad. In fact, with the help of the pre-cooking and the work of my diet partner and the protein shakes, I'm pretty much a 15 minute or less per meal/snack in prep now. (Of course, because he's on a different --aka NO--plan, Chef's meals require a little more time. As I have ignored his eating requirements, I am tempting my willpower by making him taquitos tonight. )

Three days in and the scale has dropped 5 pounds. However, please note that the first day I could've weighed in a little off. I dropped 1 pound in the last day. However, three days is really not enough time to see the change. So I'll next let you all know the change after the two weeks are up. And then I'll let you know how quickly it was before I put the weight back on. That's what I'm really scared of.

Oh the price we pay to be beautiful. . .or at least make a valiant stab at being beautiful.

2 comments:

JT said...

You have ALWAYS been a beautiful human being to me!

Precious said...

Whatever- you're always beautiful.
I just see this as you finally taking car of your self and realizing that YOU are worth all the time and effort that you usually put into others. You have put everyone else above your own needs the past decade, which is nice and all, but I'm glad that you have come to realize your worth.
I heart you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...