Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Didn't Do TOO Badly This Week

While it was only a few days ago that I posted my goals, I've actually been working off of them for over a week. So I decided to hold myself accountable. And because frankly, I'm not very good at just holding myself accountable on my own (I weighed 229 lbs at one point if you needed proof of that), I'm going to post my results each week for as long as I think it's interesting to post. I realize I'm dipping dangerously into the "Bridget Jones"-type of blog post, but I think you'll indulge me. So here goes for the first week:
  • Chats with Chef this week: numerous and multi-times per day
  • Pages of fiction read: 204
  • Fiction read: One Day by David Nicholls
  • Fiction listened to via audiobook: Unfamiliar Fishes by Sarah Vowell and Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
  • Creative writing every day: Complete
  • Five pages written: Not so much. I got three pages done. Maybe I'll get the other two knocked out today.
  • Calorie tracking: done and done honestly. It actually made me order a few things differently than I would've and eat less than I would've gorged.
  • Exercise: Twice daily for a total of an hour. I actually had sore muscles this week for the first time in a while. I don't think I was honest with myself before about pushing myself.
  • Friends and family: sent several emails this week out of the blue. If you didn't get one, you may soon.
I have to say that it's the reading that I'm enjoying most. And the writing that's leaving me the most to try and be honest with myself. It's challenging me most right now which is probably why I haven't finished my page quota for the week. I'm writing some non-fiction and it's hard to be as truthful as I want to be about others without revealing too much about myself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...