- Chats with Chef this week: every day. Mostly via text or sporadically while I was gone but I did manage to call every day. Which was more a feat that it sounds like.
- Pages of fiction read: 111-- I was about 7 pages from hitting my goal on Saturday morning, and I sat down and made a conscious effort to finish. And did so!
- Fiction read:The Art of Racing in the Rain (it's getting good--and sad)
- Fiction listened to via audiobook: Freedom by Jonathan Franzen (just had a few hours last week and started back today)
- Creative writing every day: not so great--travelling is my not so good excuse on this
- Five pages written:Nope. Not even close. About 3 paragraphs written and I feel horrible.
- Calorie tracking: Nope. I sucked. I lapsed. I am starting again diligently tomorrow.
- Exercise:Took a break. Not a deserved break, but I didn't have a gym and running now kills my hips. Plus I am busting out all my excuses this week.
- Friends and family: This is one that I met!! Finally! I had the best visits with my father, stepfather, uncles, stepmother, grandmas, aunts, cousins, co-workers, friends and nearly every person that means a lot to me. It was worth every minute, every dollar, and every tear I cried afterwards from missing them all so much.
The theme for this week is: Excuses you make while travelling. Clearly I have not established enough of a routine and drive for a goal that it could survive the complete disruption in my normal schedule. And I had to reconcile that with myself. In fact, I gave myself permission to have a bad schedule today too in an effort to spend some quality time with Chef and steel myself for the reckoning that will be tomorrow's back in the swing of things routine. Wish me luck!