Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sometimes You Score. Sometimes You Want to Vomit.

Black Bean Nacho Pizza
I'm still doing the cooking every day thing (for the most part). Week three of this so I'm giving myself a pat on the back for keeping it up. I had a pretty good score last week: Black Bean Nacho Pizza. It was delicious. Black beans all mushed up with enough cheese to feel like a guilty pleasure, but not enough to cause constipation. Which to me sounds just right.

This pizza was a good low-cal alternative. I used a pre-made Boboli whole wheat thin crust instead of making my own pizza crust. Because I'm adventurous, but I'm not gonna pretend like I'm Martha Stewart. Because I'm not. Not even a little bit. I guess that gene skips a generation.

The pizza was a score, but I also did a Quick Shrimp Enchilada Bake and just the thought of it makes me want to vomit. It sounded like a decent idea, but I actually used fresh shrimp (hello, I live near the sea for a reason) and that was a waste of good shrimp. Anyway, the cooking and then baking gave the whole thing this weird sloppy, chewy texture and nasty taste that made me gag in my mouth. Seriously, Chef only had a bite or two. I swallowed nearly a whole portion but made Chef chuck the rest and gagged the next day when I thought of it. Maybe I was just getting sick because I didn't eat anything substantial again until dinner last night.

I hope tonight is better. Last night's four cheese pasta and cauliflower was decent, but I need a win.

What's your most spectacular dish that hits a homerun every time?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...