Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Stop Trying to Sell or Distract Me

Can you see the stain?
Last week I fell in love. With a purse. It doesn't happen often. In fact, I had been looking for a new purse for at least the last six months and hadn't had much luck. But I was hanging out before I got my hair done on Friday, passed a store and love this cute yellow purse. I debated it while I got my hair done and then decided that that was the purse. 

I kept the purse in its package all weekend until I switched out my old purse on Sunday night. I wanted to have something fun on Monday to look froward to. And I did. Until I was leaving to run an errand at lunch and saw that three small specks of cola had landed on the front of my bright yellow purse. Then opening the flap saw a larger stain. I freaked. It's been less than a week. PLUS the company I got it from sent me a coupon on Monday--three days after I had bought the purse--for 25 percent off. it was a timed promotion and I was more than a little pissed that the sales person hadn't mentioned it when I bought the purse. 

But I digress. In my panic of the cola stain, I took it to a branch of the store i bought it at and asked if their leather cleaner would do the trick. One of the sales women grabbed my purse, looked at the company care instructions for the leather and then told me their leather moisturizer should work. She then asked me if I wanted her to try and get it out. I said yes. The other sales woman took the opportunity to pull a matching coin purse for my purse and proceeded to try and sell it to me. 

Me: I don't want a coin purse.I just want my purse to not have a cola stain.

Her: But this is a limited color and will probably sell out quickly.

Me: I don't care. Actually, I'm more than a little pissed that I bought this purse at full price on Friday and you all had the 25 percent off for Facebook fans and key customers promotion that started Monday. Do you do any price adjustments?

Her: I love your green shoes. (she then flitted off. I turned back to the woman trying to get the stain off of my bag). 

Me:Is it working?

Her: It is, but it's going to take a while to get it out. This leather is delicate, so you have to work on a small area without getting it too wet and then let it dry to really see if the stain comes up. 

Me: How long is that going to take?

Her: A really long time. This is really on there.  I can give you a bottle of the moisturizer and a cloth. 

The other sales woman heard this and then said that I would need to pay for the moisturizer. I asked if I could use the 25 percent off discount for FB fans and she said that I would need to print out the coupon and come back to get it. She then proceeded to ask where I worked (I had told her I was on a lunch break) and said it sounded like a fun job. 

In the end, I was happy with the lady that actually tried to help me but I will never go into THAT store again because of the woman who tried to distract me or sell me something (she asked me AGAIN on my way out if I wanted that damn coin purse). How about you just try and get the damn coke stain off my purse so I don't explode?

I am still sick about this. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...