Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Why I Can't Stand Gwyneth Paltrow

It's oh so fashionable to hate on Gwyneth Paltrow, but it's really hard not to when she makes it so damn easy. And I am not immune to her getting on my nerves. I do not like when people hit the genetic lottery and then tell us little people that all we really need to live the perfect life is a gluten-free, dairy-free, cruelty-free diet with 4 hours a day of meditative yoga and to live abroad. 

Let's face the facts: Gwyneth Paltrow was born in LA to actor parents, so that's half the battle right there. Actually more than half: genetically thin parents born in an affluent area with connections into the career path she chose. Good for her for finding success, but she's become a caricature of herself with her very out of touch quotes. And when you look at the things she's said, done or put up for sale on the website she "curates" just for us, I realize that this chick really doesn't get it. 

Here are a few examples:

  • Holiday wrapping paper on Goop sells for $52. Merry Christmas--your present is the wrapping paper. Enjoy!
  • Gwyneth doesn't let her children watch TV unless it's in Spanish or French
  • "I would rather die than let my kid eat Cup-a-Soup."  I'm sure there are starving kids all over the world that would gladly sacrifice Gwyneth Paltrow to eat some Cup-a-Soup.
  • From her cookbook:--On making her own root beer: "The day we were finding the formula, my daughter, who was four years old at the time, walked into the kitchen and asked me what I was drinking. 'Soda,' I replied. She looked at me with her big blue eyes. 'What's that?' she responded." Is her daughter not allowed in public? was the taunting because of her awful name too much?Who hasn't at least heard of soda?
  • From her cookbook: "I love basically anything that comes in a hot dog bun...except hot dogs (sorry, dad)" Seriously? How about just saying you love sandwiches?
  • More obnoxious quotes including one about how Reese Witherspoon does too many "stupid romantic comedies". 
Any other celebrities that you wish would just shut up?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...