Pages

Friday, May 27, 2005

Watching Disaster from a Window

So, it's the day before a holiday and one nice perk is that we get off of work at 3:30 on days before holidays. I was actually finished with all my work for the week about 45 minutes ago and was hoping to scoot out early.

However, because of an event next Tuesday, a statue had to be moved. A moving company showed up about an hour ago to move a 600 lb statue. Unfortunately, whatever volunteer conned them into moving the statue did not tell the company that a lift gate would be needed. What does that mean? It means that they've been trying for over an hour to haul that statue onto the truck with a dolly and a ramp.

Here's the real kicker: They're parked in front of my car. I can't leave until they succeed. Damn it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really sucks! Don't you hate when the professionals can't seem to get it right. Well I must say that I am quite proud of how long you have kept your blog up. I used to blog but I sucked at it because my mouth works alot faster than my fingers! Here is perhaps a treat. I now podcast! Its much better suited for me. Ashley I went to school with you when we were we young dumb shits! You may have fun listening to me and a buddy podcast.

Kickass Podcast

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley! Nice job keepin' the blog so up date. My old blog is basically dead because life was too busy to focus.. that and I tend to write essays. Anyways now we are podcast. We went to school together in Southern Indiana so check out my podcast. We do use fake names so have fun trying to see who the hell I am. My co-host is from New England so you only have to indentify 1 voice. I know I am shamelessly plugging my podcast but hey- I'll link to your blog girl! Have fun
(link)
http://kickasspodcast.com

(xml feed if your cool and have xml)
http://kickasspodcast.com/rss.xml

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley! Nice job keepin' the blog so up date. My old blog is basically dead because life was too busy to focus.. that and I tend to write essays. Anyways now we are podcast. We went to school together in Southern Indiana so check out my podcast. We do use fake names so have fun trying to see who the hell I am. My co-host is from New England so you only have to indentify 1 voice. I know I am shamelessly plugging my podcast but hey- I'll link to your blog girl! Have fun
(link)
http://kickasspodcast.com

(xml feed if your cool and have xml)
http://kickasspodcast.com/rss.xml

Thanks

Anonymous said...

wow I gotta learn how not to repeat myself! srry!

Hoosier Chick said...

I gotcha, buddy. I'm friends with some of your friends in suspension. They'll probably check out your site, too. a

Anonymous said...

Dude, tell you old boyfriends to stop commenting on your blog. You're not single anymore. They should take a hint.

Hoosier Chick said...

Not an old boyfriend. Just an old friend. Thanks for the comment though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...