Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm Sick. This Sucks.

Yesterday I started feeling like poo. Not horrible, but sore throat, weird stomach, no taste for anything and a low grade fever. I powered through because I'm loaded up at work and had commitments for volunteers to fulfill. If they had been for my own purposes or even for co-workers, I probably would've begged off. But there's a different sense of obligation when you're doing something for someone who's donating their time.

Woke up today feeling worse than yesterday. Still no appetite (which is an instant sign I'm sick because I'm hungry pretty much no matter what), chills, fever, weird stomach and fever. Again, powered through for work because I already had tomorrow scheduled off for a mental health day. However, about halfway through the day I started with an annoying throat tickle that lead to coughing. And there's the mental fatigue that has me crying at every little thing that seems to go wrong.

So I'm bowing out of boot camp, staying parallel to the floor at home instead of at writers group and planning on spending all of tomorrow sleeping or doing some lounging variation. I am probably the worst sick person in the world. I'm whiny. I'm emotional. I'm horrible company.

The one bright thing is that Chef is the master at pampering me--especially when sick. He cooks whatever I want. Offers to make trips to get orange juice and soup. He's fabulous. Even when I'm not.

So now I'm signing off from the couch! Wish me luck getting better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...