Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Things I Decided Today

I'm over being sick! Hopefully I didn't say that prematurely, but today I'm doing well and sounding like a girl again. And the last couple of days of being overwhelmed, overloaded and overexagerated had me thinking. I need to remember why I love life on a daily basis. And not the typical reasons, like that I bought something or that I get to see Chef. While those are both lovely things, they depend on other people to happen. And when it comes down to it, there are only so many things that we can actually control in a day, right?

I mean, I can't control anything other than my own actions and reactions. So I've decided to try a little experiment. I get up early every week day to jog. It's my time. Now I'm going to get up 30 minutes earlier to make sure I do something else I love each day. Whether it's working on the novel that never seems to progress more than a few pages a month or writing a blog that can be ignored for months on end or reading some fiction for fun, I will do something for myself that I enjoy. And it's going to be active--not watching TV, because I do that enough.

And it has to be the morning. Once the day gets geared up and I'm in work mode, it's too easy for me to beg off things I love doing for myself because I'm tired, busy, don't want to be in front of a computer or I need to spend time with Chef.

So here it is: 30 days to start. 30 minutes earlier. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...