Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Have to Admit

This is going to be one of my confession blog posts, but before you get all excited, you must remember that I'm not all that scandalous. But here are things I must admit:
  • The commute is getting to me. At least this week. There's something about leaving the office at 5 and getting home by 5:30--not 6:30--that's appealing. Maybe I just need some good new music or books to listen to. Suggest away!
  • I'm not writing as much as I should be. I used to get up early to work out and then write, but I don't have time for both now and I refuse to get up earlier than the 5 a.m. that I'm already waking up at. So unfortunately, the writing has taken the hit.
  • I miss the South. It was instantly warm (although not entirely genuine) and had tons of polite people who took me under their wing. Some of those wings I wrestled out of, but it was nice to have people that care that much.
  • I don't miss the frequent and often inappropriate mixing of business and religion that was common in the south. It made me uncomfortable. It also made my non-Christian friends uncomfortable.
  • Me not being into weddings or wedding planning has nothing to do with Chef and everything to do with the fact that my mom's not here to do it with me. There are lots of great people who ARE here to help me and I appreciate them, but her absence is still felt. I know if we ever choose to have a child, that's going to be much worse.
  • I miss being around women who know football.
  • I have a shoe addiction. But that's a different post for a different day.
  • I think Mark Wahlberg is a pretty good actor that has made me laugh on numerous occasions. I'm a peacock. You gotta let me fly.
  • I'm about ready for a trip to Nashville then Evansville. One will be planned in next couple of months to see both.
  • I can't look at Jenny McCarthy without thinking she's bat shit crazy, no matter how much money she raises for autism.
  • I only eat 370 carefully measured calories every day for lunch so that I can splurge on dinner. And then I get pissed when Chef talks me out of dessert.
  • I don't think I'm as good a friend as I used to be.
  • I haven't tried really hard to find friends in LA.
Those are my confessions for now. Add any you want to call me out or just want to add one of your own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...