Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Great Couple Days in LA

I had a conference I was working in LA yesterday which means that I was actually home at a decent hour and that Chef and I got to run some Friday errands. We then went to our favorite hole in the wall Mexican place, hit William Sonoma in Beverly Hills and got treated to champagne and a 40% discount at the Banana Republic in honor of the royal wedding. Not a bad Friday night.

And then today after Chef got up at 5 a.m., I rolled over. I get up at 5 a.m. every week day so I refuse to do so on the weekend. I ended up closing my eyes and getting up at 8:30. Hit the gym, hit the shower and then we packed up for our usual Saturday morning grocery run. I'm firmly convinced that you can do anything you need to in LA as long as you do it before noon. We got in and out and home.

Just in time to realize we're hungry. Since I'd worked out and was craving red meat, we went to Irv's burgers. It's literally a hamburger stand on Santa Monica Blvd that has some tables outside. The little Asian lady that works there draws a quick portrait of each customer on their paper plates. It's literally only a little more detailed than a stick figure, but was so cute.

And the food was good. Just well done food at a good price. Plus we got to sit the beautiful, breezy sun drenched patio. It was one of those days that we were just glad to be living in such a beautiful place. And it made me realize how much I love LA. The vibe of the city. There are shits here but there are shits everywhere. It's mostly just the ability to have access to anything I could imagine. And the weather.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...