Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Reality Star and A Football Player? Really?

Normally, I don't give a rat's ass who gets engaged to who. Okay, maybe I care a little. But when it's a reality TV star, I typically don't care at all. However when that reality TV star gets engaged to an NFL player that grew up near where I did and played college football in the town I lived when I lived there, I care a little more.

And that's why I'm perplexed at the engagement of Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler. Really? A chick that got her fame from drinking to excess and pretending to be a plotting manipulative bitch (in reality she probably was a plotting manipulative bitch, but she was one in high school and frankly, who wasn't?). How much, aside from notoriety, could they possibly have in common?

I mean, I really don't see Kristin Cavallari chowing down on some barbecue at Judge Bean's in Nashville. I also have a hard time seeing her pick up the phone at a Wilford Brimley 'betes testing supply commercial as she remembered to reorder Jay's strips. Or learning to cook without sugar.

Will Jay now have to buy a line of clothing she designs to movie premiere? I also question their publicist. Seriously? Why did you announce any wedding news this week when the world is only hearing the words "William and Kate"? Wait a week and let your engagement bask in the post-matrimonial after glow of the royals.

The one thing I'll give her was that she was smart enough to say yes to a Tosh.0 guest appearance.

Just sayin'.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...