Pages

Monday, July 06, 2009

When You're Young, You're Crazy

It's true. When I was between 18-20, I was a loose cannon. At least, relative to how I am now. I think we all are at that age. No matter how mature we seem to be, there's always that part of us that is a complete whack job.

Luckily for any of the guys that I had a crush on, I did not have access to a gun. Not saying that I would've used it, mostly because I had a really big fear of guns (still not a big fan), but it could've made any situation that much worse.

However, none of that excuses a girl from shooting her boyfriend and then herself. It does, however, act as warning for all those guys who see a pretty young girl and think "that looks like a good idea." Because from all outward appearances, it does. Young, naive, willing to believe a lot and usually willing to overlook flaws like being married. Girls that age also haven't been faced with the biggest learning curve of all: "You can't change people." People can change themselves, but it's best to just love as is or not at all.

But guys, no matter how appealing it looks to date a girl barely legal, it's just not worth it. It is if you, as a guy, are also young and crazy. It's not if you are nearly twice the girl's age and infintely more rich. And if you're married or in a long term relationship that would take legal action to unbind you from, take the advice that my uncle says he lives by: "There's no sex worth half my belongings." He didn't say sex and was a little more direct, but the statement is true either way. And just good advice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...