Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day because U2 Told Me. . . Repeatedly

Today was one of the days that I look forward to every year because it's the day that I finish a big annual project. It's partly my fault that I have to do this project, because our interim VP asked if I had the ability to do it and I was too stupid to lie.

Sure, I could coordinate all of the pictures and successes of the last year and put them into a slideshow that timed up to music. The quest is: Do I want to?

Frankly, no, I don't. However, it's amazing what you can convey in 4 minutes of musically timed Microsoft software that can take you 30-40 minutes to explain. The slideshow is useful for the board, volunteer trainings, Heart Walk kick offs and has gotten WAY more play than the first year that it was primarily ignored at a cocktail party (which pissed me off to no end).

So seeing as I'm the primary user of this slideshow and that I don't think that anyone else cares enough to do it (or if they do, they haven't had months of training at GE in the intracacies of manipulating power point for ANY thing), I do it. It takes me about a full day or more to do and now it's over. And because of it, I'll have U2's Beautiful Day stuck in my head for the next 12 months.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...