Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

You so ugly...

I got "Kinsey" in the mail today thanks to Blockbuster.com. I've been wanting to see it for several reasons.
  1. It has Laura Linney in it.
  2. The story line is pretty interesting.
  3. It's hard for me to fathom that sexual research got its start in Indiana.

I wanted to see the movie in theaters, but like most movies, I talk myself out of paying the $8.50 and just wait for the DVD. Anymore, I have better popcorn at home and my cokes are free.

Anyway, I was reading up on the movie a while back and the movie web site said something interesting. The movie was filmed at Rutgers (although it takes place at Indiana University) because of the proximity to amenities and availability of casting.

In movie terms it means: Hoosiers are too ugly.

Well, I beg to differ. I've been to a lot of states and I would have to say that as a whole, Wisconsin is a much uglier state than Indiana. Generally it's not the people that moved to Wisconsin (most of these people moved there because they were forced to by job circumstances). As a whole, native Wisconsians are not all that attractive. I know Lara will back me up on this.

What state is the most unattractive?

6 comments:

Swampy said...

I would blame Wisconsin's problem on the easy availability of cheese and the widespread acceptance of beer binges and deep frying.
I would say that the ugliest state has to be somewhere in the south. The lower the average income, the uglier the muhfuckas get, and there are some poor-ass states in the south.

Hoosier Chick said...

I think Mississippi is the poorest state in the South, but I haven't spent any time there. Actually, I'm hoping that I never have to go to Mississippi.

Anonymous said...

Arkansas...
One word, Ozarks.
I think that was where "Deliverance" was supposed to take place.

Anonymous said...

You people have it ALL WRONG. Southern people, despite the hick stereotypes, aren't all that hard on the eyes. IN GENERAL. I mean, you've got ugly people everywhere, but their breeding grounds are not Mississippi, Arkansas, OR Wisconsin. Besides, Wisconsinites have good genes, what with so many of them being of Nordic descent.

Obviously, you fuckers have never been to Montana, where the combination of Scotch-Irish blood, blue-collar living, and hard cold winters have created generations of the merely average-looking to the downright grotesque. IN GENERAL.

"Deliverance" was supposed to take place in Georgia, and was filmed in West Virginia.

Hoosier Chick said...

Never seen what Montana does to a person unless you include Chef's groans of pain after he eats a Big Montanta. Oops. I mean, Biggest.

I've missed you, swampette!

Anonymous said...

Uh. Word.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...