Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Not that kind of intern

One would think that years after the Monica Lewinsky deal that interns would have a different connotation than they used to, but not so much the case. In Nashville just last week, there's still some blowback from a Republican Senator who had an affair with a 22 year old intern.

But after all that, I'm still thinking there's something good to get from an intern. I was a good interna and I loved my internship. I'm hoping to provide the same opportunity for someone else. And get a lot of things done that I don't have the time to do myself. Because despite all my good intentions, if I can't get some help for the next year, I might have a nervous breakdown. Partly because the job naturally expands each year and partly because I'm a glutton for punishment and have a need to overachieve. If anyone has any advice on dealing with interns, I'm certainly open for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...