Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rainy Days and Sickness Get Me Down

It's raining again in LA. That's enough to make at least 10 percent of the 8 million SoCal residents act like idiots on the road. Chef and I went out this morning (because you can usually avoid just about any crowd by doing things before noon in LA), and got back to the house a little before 2 p.m. --right before the rain started falling.

The thing about rainy LA days are that they seem so rare that it almost gives you permission to be lazy. Add to that the fact that I've been fighting various kinds of illness all week and it was enough to say "Let's stay at home and watch movies."

Seriously, I can't seem to shake feeling sick. Never bad enough to warrant anything other than going to be bed early, but still. Not cool. I had a full blown cold on Sunday--cold but running a fever, lethargic, and stuffed up. So, I went to bed and stayed in bed until I got up for work on Monday. I fought the cold with daily doses of Theraflu, DayQuil and NiQuil.

That worked for the most part, but the cold then turned into major allergies. I think it's the moisture around here that flipped the switch. I sneezed in my office all day on Thursday and Friday. It's not so professional to have toilet paper hanging out of your blazer pocket, but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.

The congestion is still residing in my nasal passages, but luckily the sound like a man voice is gone. I'm still taking Afrin and shivering in the "cold." I know 55 degrees isn't cold. But with some rain and a wind, the chill through the bone is enough to have me and Chef under blankets.

I know the rain is supposed to be here tomorrow too, but I'm hoping for at least some sunshine on Monday. My visitors deserve the best of what California has to offer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...