And for me, I'm worried about the little things. Here's my list:
- Will I get there in time?
- Will I be overdressed in a suit?
- Should I pack a lunch? If I pack a lunch, how long does it take for a frozen meal to thaw? Do they have a fridge for me to store it? Would it look bad to have my name already written on it?
- Is it presumptuous to bring some of my office decor on the first day? How early is too early to designate and stock a snack drawer?
- Will I have a cubicle or an office?
- How much paperwork will I have to fill out for HR? What's the over/under on pages? (I'm thinking 10 pages)
- How much help will I need to figure out the new to me office equipment works?
- What's gonna surprise me most?
Oddly enough, I know they have a schedule for me. And less odd is that my questions center around food. That seems to be the center of a lot of questions in my life. Like, why can't I stay away from it?
Until then, tomorrow is a new day and a new challenge. I'm sure my small questions will be answered fairly quickly and give way to much larger, long-term questions. But I'll save those for another day.