Pages

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Another Award? Why thank you!

My friend Nicole over at Destination: Unknown was kind enough to include me in a blog hop award to help expose other people to new and different blogs. I'm totally into this and hope to do this thing justice. These awards are kind of like chain letters (Remember those?? When you were a kid did you ever do one just because?? I did. But I loved getting mail. Any kind of mail.) but still very helpful in seeing who out there blogs. However, I can say that I'm not sure that I know 11 blogs that could use the new audience--strike that. Everyone can use more audience, right? 

Here goes--the rules:

The rules of the award are that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.

11 Random Facts about Me 

  1. My cats are all named after war lords or great assassins (even our female cat).
  2. I love composition notebooks, but only very specific ones.
  3. I once lost a good chunk of my hair in high school due to stress.
  4. Although I never wore a vest when I was a waitress, I always feel like a waitress when I wear vests.
  5. I met my husband using a matchmaking website NINE years ago when meeting people through matchmaking websites was scary.
  6. I still secretly hope they make a Gilmore Girls movie. 
  7. I am addicted to diet colas of nearly any variety.
  8. Because of shelving issues, whether or not I keep a book at this point depends on its weight.
  9. I grew up in an Indiana town.Had a good-lookin' mama who never was around. I grew up tall and I grew up right with them Indiana boys on them Indiana nights.
  10. I love dreaming about my mom, even if the dream isn't necessarily good.
  11. I love zombie movies. Nearly any kind.
11 Questions from Nicole at Destination: Unknown

1.Favorite vacation spot of all time: Grand Cayman Island
2. Favorite book and why: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. When I read it, it really spoke to me for obvious reasons at the time.
3. What is your best physical feature? My face
4. What is your go-to outfit? Skirts and a t-shirt with a necklace or scarf and awesome shoes
5. Describe your first crush. He was my neighbor when I was a kid and I pretended like I liked other people, but I really crushed hard on him.
6. If you could go to dinner with any 5 people (dead or alive) - who? My mom, David Sedaris,  Matt Damon, Tina Fey and Al Michaels
 7. House is on fire - family made it out  - what is the one thing you grab? (you can only grab one). I'll assume by "family" you're also including the cats. My mother's/ my wedding ring
8. Tell me about your faith. In humanity, yes. In the good in people, yes. In religion bringing that out, not so much. 
9. Use one word to describe yourself. Smart
10. Theme song of your life? "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers because I know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.
11. Movie you most relate to. I wish it were Pretty Woman, without the whole prostitute thing. 

My 11 Bloggers (let's see how many I can get)

  1. The Fabulous Baby Striblings: My friend Mandy who used to work with me at the American Heart Association (she still works there). Adorable twins and a realistic view on motherhood. And her crafting will put anyone to shame.
  2. Simply Socks Yarn Company Blog: It's a company blog, but its a good company. I should know. I know the CEO. She's my buddy from college and has the hookup on some mad yarn. Check it out.
  3. L and M: Another mother with a sense of humor and no sense of making motherhood look perfect. If you like snark and adorable children, this is the place for you.
  4. The Lowe Down: Apparently I know a TON of moms who blog. This is another one. AND another AHA friend. Always a good read and girl knows how to throw a party!
  5. Ain't Got Enough Gravy: Candice was in my writer's group in Nashville and the title of her blog alone should make you visit, but if you need more, she's like the non-racist Paula Deen, but with better food.
  6. Word Strumpet: Charlotte is an author, a writing guru and a former mentor in a writing program that I was in. So yeah, she knows her shit.
  7. Next Life Chapter: Another friend who's a writer AND a mom. How do they do it and make it look so easy?? Check out Beth's approach and get some pointers.
  8. My Name is Sarah. . .:Sarah is a friend from high school, and a damn good writer. I always wish I'd have known she was a writer way back then! Instead I just have to read and keep up with her now.
  9. An Angel's Share: I met Terry when we were the first graduating class of the Writer's Loft. He was then and still is one of the nicest and calmest people I've ever met.
  10. Motherhood: Take 2: Natalie has been a friend since I was an intern at a newspaper. She was a brilliant writer then and now. Check her out.
  11. I'm too tired to think of another one. . . .
11 Random Questions for them
  1. What song always gets stuck in your head?
  2. If you had to eliminate one word from the English language, what would it be?
  3. What's your favorite curse word?
  4. If you could pick your own name, what would you pick?
  5. How much butter is too much?
  6. Are you a dessert person?
  7. What's the first thing you do each morning?
  8. What celebrity makes you mad just thinking about him or her?
  9. What ritual can you not seem to break?
  10. What food could you live on for the rest of your life (if there were no health consequences)?
  11. What plant or animal can you not seem to keep alive?
Okay, that's all for me!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...