Pages

Friday, July 22, 2005

39 Things you might not have known about me...but you might have

  1. I was once on an Academic Olympics team that was purely for African American History.
  2. I came in second in the city for it.
  3. I didn't really like "Catcher in the Rye."
  4. My hot pink books outnumber my "serious" books about 2 to 1.
  5. I've never seen "Casablanca," "Citizen Kane," or "It's a Wonderful Life."
  6. I once won a poster contest that dealt with discouraging drunk driving.
  7. My slogan was "If you drink STOP and think."
  8. I think I only won because I included the number for the local taxi service on it.
  9. I never regularly ate ice ream more than once a month before I met Chef.
  10. I also never regularly ate vegetable more than once a month before I met Chef.
  11. My boss thinks I'm a gossip.
  12. I don't really gossip. People just tell me things that I don't really want to know.
  13. Before Chef, I always gave nicknames to the guys that I liked (By the way, I don't call Chef "Chef" anywhere else.)
  14. My favorites were "Sweaty Sweaterson," "Scottie the Hottie," and "Brain Injury Guy."
  15. My Magic 8 Ball told me what was going to happen between Chef and me before our first date.
  16. Because she introduced me to Diet A & W Cream Soda, I think Alice Boyer is a genius.
  17. Oreo Crisps don't taste nearly as good as regular Oreos, but you get a lot of them for 100 calories.
  18. I've finished 5 volumes of Journals since I was 16.
  19. It's most I've ever written on one topic, but I feel self-centered because the topic was me.
  20. Despite my current cohabitational bliss, I will always miss my girlie times living with Shera, Swampette and (honorarily) Precious.
  21. I was suckered into taking ice skating for college credit.
  22. I never learned to skate backwards.
  23. I did have a hand in developing the breakthrough ice dance "Lifecycle of a Dragonfly: From Pupa to Puberty."
  24. I have an irrational fear of alligators and crocodiles.
  25. I also have a fear of dying by being impaled, specifically impaled by deer antlers through a car windshield.
  26. I still hate sorority girls.
  27. Every time I dream about my mom, I wake up crying.
  28. I never woke up crying until 5 years ago.
  29. I never thought I would live in Tennessee.
  30. If I were to live in Indiana again, I could only live in Bloomington or parts of Indianapolis, but I still consider myself a Hoosier.
  31. I received the "Grow a Boyfriend" novelty and "Worst Case Scenario: Dating and Love" book at least two times each from age 21 to age 25.
  32. I still curl up with Karl Kaleb on mornings that Chef has to work early.
  33. I'm actually pretty good at Tiger Woods Golf.
  34. I actually bought a professional development book of my own free will.
  35. When I was a kid, I wanted to name a daughter "Hilary" after a character on the soap opera "Loving."
  36. At one point in my life, I was up to date on five different soap operas.
  37. I wish I could write an episode of "Gilmore Girls."
  38. Sometimes I google people I've hated to see what their doing now.
  39. I like self-indulgent lists.

2 comments:

Hoosier Chick said...

I have not google, Jeremy the IU Jew. Perhaps I should.

That was his nickname for himself. Someone else called him the "Super Semite."

Hoosier Chick said...

Well, I know that I've got three journals that span our college years. I'd LOVE to have people fill in the gap with details. We pulled too much shit not to keep for posterity.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...