Pages

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I STILL Heart Carbs

FINALLY! Those psycho carb-fearing people are dying off. I think it's all the bacon fat that's clogging their arteries. Nonetheless, the craze is dying. Of course, with this now comes the questions:
  • What happens to all that low-carb food?
  • What about those people that invested their money in low-carb grocery stores?
  • Will the advertising geniuses behind this now start marketing this to people who could actually use and like no sugar candy and whatnot (like, say, diabetics)?

I actually ran across an article today that says that people and companies are donating their low-card food to Christian charities in the Appalachia. So far the charities have received 14 truckloads or more than 18,000 CASES of Atkins crap.

Why do people buy into a craze? Especially one that says that eating fruits is bad and lots of beef is good. Does that make any kind of sense? It always makes me think of Meredith and her "I can have breadsticks as long as they have cheese on them because cheese negates the bread" logic.

I love carbs. I will always love carbs. I think I need a breadstick.

2 comments:

Hoosier Chick said...

It's my favorite of the dieting sites. Plus they rate the taste of various frozen dinners.

Pat Angello said...

I lost 25 pounds in about 8 weeks on Atkins. Then I feared for my health (dad has cholesterol issues) so I went off. Then I gained 25 pounds.

So, now I am back on a smart, healthy, FEWER carbs diet. And it's working! The keys are to not eat a lot of sugar and breads and to select meat that isn't horrible for you. Stay away from salami and bacon for instance.

As far as the Atkins specific food, way too damn expensive! It's not that hard to lose weight and still eat anywhere! Lost 6-7 pounds in a few weeks and haven't missed anything - even had a few buns for my brats on the 4th.

Did you know that fruits and veggies are good for you? WOW!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...