Pages

Monday, July 25, 2005

AIDS! AIDS! AIDS!

Damn you, Team America! Chef and I finally watched it over the weekend and all I can say is "Fuck yeah!". That and I have the theme song from "Lease" stuck in my head. My friend here at work has the soundtrack and has dutifully promised to make me a copy.

I finally cleaned out the apartment. The last remnants of cleaning supplies and trash were taken out yesterday. I only had a $50 deposit, so I only did about $50 worth of cleaning. I know I won't be seeing any of that money again, so I didn't feel too bad about the three-quarters ass job I did on the place. Saying goodbye to the first place I've ever lived at by myself. It would've been sad if I had actually spent the night there in the last four months.

I would like to thank Swampette for inspiring me to try knitting socks again with her encouraging words of wisdom. I'll let you know if I actually complete them correctly.

On another note, I had a nice big scare this morning when I saw what looked like an ingrown hair on my arm. The spot had hurt when touched all day yesterday and this little thing popped up on the site. I wasn't really concerned with it until a coworker told me he thought it might be a brown recluse spider bite.

What better way to start a Monday than to imagine your arm being encompassed by a growing spot of dying tissue and open wounds? So, I spent much time scouring the internet for pictures of bites and nearly got nauseous. Of course, then I looked on the list and nausea was one of the symptoms and was further convinced that I had a brown recluse spider bite.

However, it's been over 48 hours (nearly 72 now) since the first twinge of pain. By this time, my flesh would be ripped open and I would know. At least that's what Dr. WebMd tells me.

Wish me luck that I don't lose an arm!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...