Pages

Monday, January 09, 2012

The Firm Express: Week One

Who else works out in t-shirts with a
Cheeseburger on them?
This is the official end to my first week of The Firm Express. I have to say that so far, I'm pretty happy with it. Chef and I ventured to Target yesterday to grab weights because I apparently threw out my 1980s monstrous 6 lb weights in the move. Those things had SAND in them. SAND. They'd slosh around when you were working out, but I have to say they never leaked one grain of sand in their tenure.

Now with weights literally in hand, I can do week two at full capacity. That being said Week One was a good workout. Twenty minutes each session and you don't stop at all. Some cardio, some toning and a lot of heavy breathing. I will say that this isn't for the newbie or at least the uncoordinated because I was having a hard time keeping up with the warm-ups. They got a little complicated for me. Of course, part of that could be that I'm one of those uncoordinated people,  plus I have to switch orientations because our living room is not big enough to fully do the moves AND I did the first week in the wrong order so I wasn't building off the previous days' moves.

All that aside, in the first week I've lost 4.6 lbs. I can't credit all of that to The Firm Express though. I kept my 30 minutes daily of elliptical and just added this as extra. Plus I was counting my calories again and I think my body just wanted to shed some of this holiday blubber. If I lose the promised "15 lbs in 30 days!" then I'll be more likely to give The Firm some props. All in all nearly 5 lbs isn't a bad start though.

What program had the quickest result for you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...