Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

I Resolve To. . .

More time with these cuties
(and Chef of course)
Happy New Year everyone! I am excited to start the year. Clearly every day is actually a new beginning. And every month another one, but you don't really notice time moving so much until it's been a year. So I can see the feeling of renewal for New Year's but not so much the hype. I was asleep at midnight and set my alarm to wake up and get a smooch from Chef. It was totally worth it.

I'm not much for making resolutions, but since I have weekly goals, it seemed like a good time to revisit what goals I was measuring and see how they were really making an impact on my life. I narrowed down all my big wishes to three main goals for 2012:

  1. Make better use of my time.
  2. Concentrate on what makes me happy in the long term, not just the short term.
  3. More quality gym time
  4. Make at least one of my big dreams come true.
Why do I need these goals? Well, I play too many online games when I should be working on my novel (which is one of my big dreams--finishing this puppy before 2013).  I don't use my commute to think about important things or call important people. More wasted time. I make some decisions based on what's easiest at the moment or provides instant gratification instead of my bigger goals (who doesn't right? But I want to be more aware of this). And my "big dreams" are numerous, but two important ones include finally hunkering down and getting to my goal weight which would be put me firmly in a single digit dress size for the first time ever. I also want to finally finish the novel I've been working on FOREVER. It needs to be done before I can mentally move on to something else. If I ended up getting an agent, then all the better. 
More writing
What's it gonna take to make this happen? Good question. I'm not entirely sure and most of these goals are interconnected, but I've got a few ideas on what to measure. Because I've learned and firmly believe that you only manage what you measure. At least in my case.  I've also gotten the Firm Express to add to my workout routine and get re-energized about my diet habits. Chef took some "before" shots of me today. 

Here are a few goals that I'll be tracking each Wednesday in 2012. My promise in tracking these and writing about them is that I will be honest. Even when it makes me look like an asshole or lazy or ridiculous. Here goes:
Kiss 2011 Goodbye!
  • Days per week that I worked on my novel
  • Calories burned per week
  • Days per week at or under my daily calorie goal
  • Weight loss/gain
  • Take at least one significant action towards making a big dream come true

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...