Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Mike and The Madness

It seems IU has a new basketball coach: Kelvin Sampson from Oklahoma. I have to admit to being a little surprised. I remember a couple of years ago at this time when both Sampson and Davis were in the Final Four. And I remember Davis's IU team beating a better Oklahoma team. I also remember the big brew ha ha made of having two minority coaches face off in the Final Four for the first time ever. Anyway, I digress.

I'm actually about ready for basketball season to be over. Well, girls basketball season at the very least. Mostly because I'm tired of hearing the office sports nut go on and on about UT women's basketball. I don't care. I don't get nervous before their games and I don't think it's a big deal that one of them dunked in a game...twice.

Enough about that. There's going to be an Ocean's Thirteen. First movie, fun and cute. Second movie, not great but still watchable. At this point I think Brad Pitt, Matt Damon and George Clooney are all doing this as an excuse to have guy time. With Pitt and Damon going to be daddies and Clooney the eternal bachelor, it's almost like his way of saying "You never hang out with me any more." So they're doing a movie to get in some quality time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Boy time. Too true. Poor Clooney- everyone has paired off an no one has picked him. And he's missed his really hot days and now his face is sagging. But did he really ever have hot days? I never really thought he was that great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...