Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hooters Sells More than Wings...they sell crabs too

Chef made me watch a Tivoed commercial last night. Normally we Tivo to whiz through the commercials, but in this case I had seen the show and was interested in the :60 of idiocy.

It's for Hooters and has a bunch of the typical Hooters waitresses trying to sell crab legs for $7.95 / lb. The manager (who was female for a nice PC touch) is baffled by why the waitresses aren't selling the crab legs until she discovers that they have been weighing each person who orders the legs and multiplying their weight by $7.95. Basically this is a dumb blonde joke personified.

The mix of Hooters, crabs, legs and short shorts was a little too much like a violation of the health code for my taste. Hooters also forgot something. No one goes to Hooters for legs or crabs. It's all about the wings.

South Park premiered last night and Chef and I stayed up to watch the demise of the show's Chef. I say 'stayed up' because those bastards at ABC know how to fuck up Tivo by having shows like 'Lost' run a few minutes over and thereby missing the first few minutes of South Park, or any other show you'd want to record. Remember when TBS used to start everything 5 minutes later than the networks? It's just that annoying.

Anyway, they properly lampooned Isaac Hayes and Scientology which had me thinking. This brew-ha ha happened a mere week or so before the beginning of the season. Could this be a clever publicity stunt or prank? Before you tell me that I'm off-base, remember the fiasco with Cartman's Dad and the entire Terrence & Phillip episode on April Fool's Day.

I'm not saying this is a likely scenario, but it could happen. Either way, the bowel evacuation produced one of the longest cartoon turds I've ever seen and that's something to be proud of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally called the plot line of the show. I rock. I'm just sayin.
This is the latest about Chef- turns out Isaac is saying that he never sent the press release- that some other Scientologist did. That he needs the income fro the show and the reason he wasn't on it for 3 months was b/ he was recovering from a stroke.
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/65830.htm

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...