Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Sociology of Shit

Part One (10:14 a.m.): Totally will probably be a long day. I came to understand and accept that fact this morning when I pulled in to get a drink in a vacant parking lot of the gas station. When I was leaving, there was a car pulled up close next to me with about 9 inches of space for me to wiggle my ass through. There were NO other cars in the parking lot.

That's like searching the best toilet in a public restroom to take a shit in and having someone sit right next to you even though every other stall is open. I HATE that.

Speaking of public sit downs, I know some of you are a little apprehensive about taking the big S at work. I know this is a girl thing and it has to do with not wanting to be associated with a particularly bad smell or sound. Definitely understandable.

One day when I was working at a different job the lights went out. The ladies room smelled of poo. I would LOVE to do a psychological experiment on the effects of anonymity on the ability of women to shit in public.

I, however, was born without that embarrassment chip. In fact, with the plethora of people around work that I don't take kindly to, I've started playing a little game. After I've gone to the bathroom (which is right outside my office) and I've left my shit smell for others, I keep track of who's the first to walk in after I'm finished. I have a point system based on how much I like a person. There are two people here that I can't stand and they're worth the most points. It's a good time.

Part Two (10:27 p.m.): I was forced to listen to the IU game online. It's actually still going on, so I say these things not knowing the outcome. Because my onilne March Madness on Demand isn't working and the game is blocked out here, I had to find the game online. The only brocadast I could find was from San Diego State. Obviously I have a hard time listening to the opposing team's broadcast, but the guy doing the game (and it's only one guy) is horrible.

Things for him to note about Indiana:

  • Bob knight would not "roll over in his grave, if he were dead" over the striped pants in the warm-up suits. They had them when he was there. And alive.
  • It's Sean Kline. Not Steve Kline.
  • It's Robert Vaden. Not Peter Vaden.
  • After hearing it once, we can firmly know that Earl Calloway is not related to "Ricky Calloway, the former Hoosier who left Bob Knight."
  • The Hoosiers haven't been "bad" since Bob Knight left. They actually were National Runners-Up in 2002.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's actually a woman in my office who will ask you to leave if she's "trying" to poop. On one of my first days here, I was in the bathroom at the same time as her and she let me know that she has no problem asking people to leave b/c she so rarely poops that when it happens she needs privacy for it to continue. WTF? I have no problem pooping at the office, but if someone comes in, then I have to wait until they leave to continue.

Hoosier Chick said...

The only thing that really grosses me out at this office is the woman that won't wear shoes. She also doesn't wear shoes in the bathroom. I think it's gross and to punish her, I sometimes make a small puddle of water on the floor. Hopefully she steps in it and begins to wonder.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...