Pages

Monday, March 13, 2006

Taking What I'm Given Cause I'm Working For A Living

That first day back after vacation sucks ass no matter you do to try to make it better. You can make it a Tuesday to shorten the week or avoid all appointments. No matter what you try to do to make it better, it's always going to end the same way: exhausting and bad.

Today was no exception. Chef and I spent last week in Tampa visiting my cousin and generally being a lazy ass in nice weather. Today I come back to thunderstorms. After a week at the Dali museum, the beach, and going out, it's back to Suck City, USA. Plus another person who was actually good at her job is leaving us. It was basically another slap in the face that it is time to get the hell out of dodge. In a couple of days, I'm going to start listing companies that I'd like to work at and asking everyone to scan their brains for any connections they might have at these companies.

On another note, while we were enjoying the Florida sun, Chef and I decided to make a nice meal for Doug and Erin for putting us up and putting up with us for a week. Actually, as his title infers, Chef cooked and I just helped shop. I also did dishes. Anyway, Chef made a world-class meal: Caesar salad, herbed roasted potatoes, chateaubriand with a red wine sauce, and strawberry cheesecake with two bottles of red wine. It was delicious. Plus it made me realize that he needs to come grocery shopping with me on occasion to have a nice meal at home. We have some nice meals, but not this nice. This was spectacular.

Oh well. Friday's only four days away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, the Dali museum has one of the best museum gift shops on the planet! You can buy all sorts of freakish odds and ends. I'm looking at my ant-parts mouse pad right now...

Hoosier Chick said...

I really liked the painted wine glasses, but I knew that for $20 a stem they would break in the dishwasher the first time. I also was a little creeped out because I knew Dali was probably rolling over in his grave over the plethora of crap his art had been reproduced on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...