Pages

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Tyco with yo money? Geico for Your Money

Any day that starts off in the gynecologist office, is not bound to be a good day. Double that if you're there to have an "irregularity" check out. It doesn't matter if your doctor says "It's most likely nothing." Once you have to check off the box next to cancer in the "immediate family members ailments" section, your imagination starts freaking you out.

This freak out was no doubt compounded by the fact that I found out yesterday that one of the guys I used to harass in high school just died last week from...cancer. The rational side of me knows that the likelihood of cancer at my age is small. The irrational side of me starts remembering every episode of "Dateline" I've ever seen with a young cancer patient. My minds thinks of nothing but tears, wigs and how old Stone Phillip has gotten in the last couple of years. He's really starting to need the Barbara Walters filter now.

Anyway, I checked out "normal." So, that at least went okay.

This afternoon, however, I got into a small car accident. The car in front of me stopped short and I hit it. I only messed up my driver's side head light and a small dent in my hood. Chef and I were supposed to be off on our tour of Florida tomorrow, so I took it to get an estimate. The estimate came back for $2100 and at least 4 days out of commission. Ouch.

Thankfully I have insurance and that's what it's for, but obviously our trip will have to be delayed and it will be taken in a rental car. My insurance will pay for most of the rental car, but we'll have to shell out some too. Ugh! When we first got the estimate back, it sucked ass. Mostly because we'll have to wait until Monday to go anywhere. My first accident in 11 years and it comes the day before my vacation.

At least no one was hurt. That's what I'm supposed to say. And I can't really complain too much because nothing like this has really cramped my style in a while. God love insurance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're ok- on both fronts.
Why do you have to postpone the trip if you have a rental car? Couldn't you take that?

Hoosier Chick said...

I don't get the rental car until Monday because my insurance won't pay for it over the weekend. Repairs have to start on Monday or Tuesday to get the rental car.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...