Pages

Friday, March 24, 2006

Given in to the Gaucho

I hate capris. I hate pedal pushers, pencil pants and culottes. Basically anything that touts itself as being in-between something I'm usually against. As in, it's in-between a skirt and shorts. It's in-between pants and shorts. That sort of thing.

So obviously I was resistant to the gaucho. However, they are popping up everywhere around here. The office is crawling with gaucho-wearing fools and now I'm one of them. Why the gaucho? There are a couple of reasons:
  • They're like wearing pajama pants. I think I'm not going to ever take them off. The pair I got were knit and fabulous and I know that every time I'm feeling bloated I can put these suckers on and be comfortable.
  • They're affordable. Every season some new trend comes along and let's face it: I'm cheap. I always like to add a little fashion here and there, but it gets too expensive. These gauchos were only $15 and worth every penny. I can wear them to work or casually.
  • They're super-big and with a heel, they don't make me look as short as a capri would.
  • I can sit like a slob in them. Heel tucked under my ass at work doesn't expose my underwear to the world.

So here I sit in my gauchos and I know that I'm going to be in them for a while. Chef, like nearly all men, hates them. He calls them "cut-off Hammer pants." Well, I do feel exceptionally too legit to quit.

On another note, I accidentally picked up a box of tampons the other day that were "fresh." What does "fresh" mean? Scented. You can add fragrance to the applicator, the wrapper and event the tampon itself, Tampax, but the second that things hits the moist, bloody nether regions, not even Chanel No. 5 can stop the funk. Does this seem like false advertising or a bad idea to anyone else?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I'm totally going to avoid the blog if I read about funky nether regions again.
I haven't given in to the gaucho, even though Lane Bryant is ALL about them. I just can't do it. Chef is right though- they DO look like a modified hammer pant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...