Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Heart is Heart, wherever you're at

It was only a matter of time before I began to miss my American Heart Association roots. I made an appointment with the local office a few weeks back to come find out how I might be able to volunteer. It's a great way to meet people and maybe get a few job connections. Plus it's something that I know that I can do.

So, today was my day. The office was in downtown LA, which was cool because I hadn't really been in downtown yet. The Comm Director was very nice. She even introduced me around to who was there. The empty office on a Friday made me realize that it didn't matter where you were at, the AHA is still the AHA. Don't get me wrong. My colleagues work very hard, but the place is a little hollow on Fridays. The echoes ring louder the later in the day it gets.

Anyway, it felt good to know that my previous experience would be put to good use. I'm already planning on going to the Stilletto Strut they're having on February 3rd. This is a high heeled mall walk in honor of Wear Red Day. I'm all over it. And I have the perfect pair of shoes to wear.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...