Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

His Legs Move as if Independent from his body!

Chef and I saw an ad today for one of the weirdest new shows I've ever seen. It's a combination of Lord of the Dance with an illusionist, Cirque de Soleil, group dancing, tangos, and more. The promos were not super high quality, but intriguing. Intriguing in that "watching a train wreck" kind of way.

What makes it even weirder are two other things: 1) It's a dinner show, so you actually have to eat food while watching this. and 2) it's called "Battle of the Dance" but there's no knives, no cage matches and no winners. How is that a real battle?

I have no desire to see this show. Mostly because I have no desire to any of the Cirque de Soleil shows, any Irish step dancing, or any tangos that aren't being done by faux celebrities and judged by heavily accented men. Besides, everyone knows that dinner theaters usually mean mass produced food that isn't always the best. Honestly, I've been thinking a lot lately about the food that I eat and how good it tastes. Nine times out of ten, a made to order restaurant meal or something I make at home is going to trump anything else. It's the mass produced stuff that I think tastes delicious, but know it's really not.

So, anyway, if you needed any more incentive to come visit me in SoCal, then I think Battle of The Dance just about pushes you over the top, right?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...