Pages

Monday, February 07, 2005

Spam Scam

Has anyone else ever been taken in by one of those spams that read "Hey, girl!" in the subject line and it's from a name that you recognize? So you open it, only to find about three hundred paragraphs of the digital version of hieroglyphics: Wing Dings.

Lately, I've had two favorite types of spam. First, the ones that use Christianity to promote their services: "Reduce your debt the Christian way." What exactly is the Christian way of reducing debt? Prayer? The Italian way, I can understand. I believe it involves the chopping off of fingers or something equally valuable.

The other ingenious Spam involves a "Delivery Notification for order #47563829". If you order things online, like I do, and you've gotten this email before you might've also clicked it and been burned. I'm pissed at those ingenious bastards who've found a way to slip this crap into my inbox. Damn them!

By the way, the Superbowl is immensely more enjoyable with TiVo. I highly recommend. Look later on this month for a list of my favorite things. Like Oprah, I will be listing a random bunch of items that I love. Unlike Oprah, you will not be getting one of each of these for adoring me. Your adoration doesn't pay me nearly enough for that.


2 comments:

Swampy said...

Everyone knows the Christian way of getting out of debt: start a war with the Muslims or the Japs.

Swampy said...

See the joy of two people sharing a sign-on name? You get to guess which one of us commented! Oh, the fun never stops in blogland!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...