Pages

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Not so bad...

So a week ago I visited a Mapco Express (a gas station for those of you without the Mapco) and it was raining. Well, apparently rain hinders their credit card machines because theirs froze up...while in the middle of processing my payment.

Having no other forms of payment, I had to wait...for 20 minutes. Finally, I got frustrated, bought the bullet and used their in-store ATM. The ATM charged me out the ass because it was another bank and in a gas station and apparently convenience comes with a hefty $4 price tag.

I was irritated but things happen. I only became pissed when the next day I checked my bank balance to realize that they'd charged my card. I called immediately and was told that I would have to check with the cashier that took my card and hope that she remembered me. I was livid at this point. Went down there the next day at the same time as the previous purchase and was told that the cashier wasn't working that day, so to come back.

At this point, I was pissed enough to fire off an email and a phone call to the corporate offices with the store number in my possession. I have to day that they actually responded quickly and efficiently. In fact, one week later my account has been rectified and I'm the proud owner of a new $25 gift card for my troubles (which is only not good for lottery tickets. I only hope that I can find a Mapco that sells gas and donuts so I can be insured that they will take my credit card-like gift card).

See. Sometimes bitching does accomplish something.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...