Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Remembering the Good Day

I took Monday off. I really didn't have anything going on at that time and it was chance for Chef and I to get some stuff done and enjoy each other's company.

I gotta tell you. It was glorious. I slept in, had sushi for lunch, went to a movie, and got to lounge around too. It was enough for me to hold on to when days like today happen.

There are times when you're busy at work and you know you're going to be busy at work. Those seasons that just demand the most out of you. But is there nothing more disturbing than thinking you're in a slow period and having a bunch of crap jump out of the woodwork? How about thinking you have 10 days to something and finding out you have 3?

See, it's days like today when I remember laying on my couch on a Monday afternoon and smiling. It totally makes me want to go back to school. Remember those great weekday afternoons when you'd skip class and just hang out for not real reason. I miss those days. I miss the freedom of knowing I didn't have to go to class and my not going was not going to affect the lifestyle that I'd grown accustom to. Damn my expensive shoe habit.

1 comment:

Swampy said...

I'm really starting to think that our generation was somehow poorly prepared for adulthood. Not in the sense that we CAN'T be responsible for ourselves, more that we were never instilled with a desire to do so.
So now we're stuck in the abyss of knowing that we CAN hold down full-time "grown up" jobs, but we have absolutely no way of ever gaining a sense of fulfillment from them.
Are we doomed to be the most unhappy bunch of whiners ever, or what?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...