Pages

Monday, June 27, 2005

My Feet Hurt

It's been a long ass day. It started early this morning when I hurried into work to get things ready for the awards presentation this morning. It went well. I had two TV stations and a newspaper. Not bad. Not what I would've really hoped for, but it was an awards presentation on a Monday morning, after all.

The people were nice and I only got bitched out once from someone not really involved in the event. She bitched me out because she wanted to be MORE involved in the event. By more involved, I mean she still wanted me to do all of the actual work of putting on the event, but she wanted spokespersons from her organization to get all the media time. Do I look that stupid?

However, what I've found through all of this is that I'm not really a person who enjoys doing PR. I love advertising, writing, designing, editing, and even media sponsorships. But I don't like the ass-kissing that's involved in getting media to your event. I'm not above ass-kissing, but I just don't like it.

Anyway, all in all, a good day, but busy as crap. Now my dogs are barking (feet are hurting) and the only thing that might give me solace (aside from Chef) is knowing that there are crazier people out there who like squirrels and making dioramas. They practically faint with joy when they get to combine the two and share with the world. Below is just a tiny tidbit of the reason why all other countries hate the U.S.

The joys of animal photography. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Hoosier Chick said...

That "Entitlement" article ran here too and I read it. It's hard not to want more from a job when it seems like, at least in my case, I'm not only doing my job but also being the IT department because people here over 40 don't seem to grasp how a computer works. I'm tired of teaching you how Outlook works, dammit.

Hoosier Chick said...

Oh and how can you not love a gun-toting squirrel? There's an even better picture on the site of "Anutkin Squirrelwalker." It was enough to make me feel like my blog wasn't that much of a waste of time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...