Pages

Friday, June 17, 2005

Total Tomato, you Dill

So Terri Schiavo's autopsy report came out yesterday and it revealed that her brain weighed about half of what a normal brain should weigh. Chef thought it was an appropriate time to make a smartass comment about how women only have half a brain anyway. I don't think we have half a brain. I just think we don't count our genitalia in the final tally of brain matter, but that's just me.

Anyway, she was a vegetable, it turns out. And yet another time for politics to make its way back into the limelight. Sen. Frist publicly based his decision on forcing the federal courts to look at the case again on the fact that he thought Terri was responsive to people. Why did he think that? Because of the video tape evidence. All I have to say is that I'm glad that my doctor doesn't base his diagnosis on videotapes.

Again, it was a tough decision, but I'd rather not have my Senator deciding whether I live or die. He'd probably keep me living forever just to ensure that my family would have "me" vote for him. I'm just saying.

On another note, have you ever wondered how those states without a lot going on for them manage to employ a marketing and tourism department? I mean, how creatively can you manage to market Kansas? It's flat. I get it. Have you ever noticed that the later into the night it gets, the worse the attractions for the advertised state is? Poor Delaware. It's a 3 a.m. slot for you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...