Pages

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Red Puffy Eyes

And it's not from crying. It's from allergies. At least, I hope it's from allergies. I've been sneezing for the past two days non-stop. It's maddening and it's making my mascara smudge in the under-eye area. It actually looks like bags and it's nice because the people here think that I'm sick and are leaving me alone.

Why do I want to be left alone? Because I took yesterday off. I know it was already a three-day weekend, but when I woke up with puffy eyes and a grogginess that wouldn't go away, I knew I was in trouble. Chef looked over at me and said those three little letters that made sense: "P.T.O?"

Y.E.S.

Chef was off of work yesterday too, so it was nice to have a day to ourselves. I even managed to stop doing housework and moving crap for the majority of the day and enjoy myself. In fact, I even played Xbox with the man. And it was fun.

I was sitting there yesterday afternoon watching part of the worst soap on TV ("Passions") and remembering what it was like to get the summer off. I miss that. I also miss taking a day off of work and doing nothing. Just taking a day because I want to, not because I'm sick or have to travel or move. I'm going to take those more often.

Now it's back to work where I've decided to let out my emotions more fluently. The first recipient of that philosophy is currently not talking to me, but whatever. A girl came in my office looking for me and said "It was weird yesterday. It was like I was the only person who cared to work after the holiday." I looked at her and deadpanned "Yeah, that's how I feel here every day when I'm here after 4 p.m." The girl, notorious for leaving after 3:30 every day, turned red and scuttled out.

I hope more people will scuttle out of my office more often.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...