Pages

Monday, June 06, 2005

Too Hot to Handle

Too Cold to Hold.

I spent the majority of my morning on a golf course and not in a good way. It was our annual golf tournament, which means getting up at 4:30 and moving boxes at 6 a.m. in the already hot June sun. Not exactly a good time. This year was no exception.

The only time I have felt ickier than I do after a day at these golf tournaments is the time that Swampette, She-ra and I went up to West Lafayette one muggy 4th of July to visit She-ra's now-husband. He lived with some guys in the typical bachelor apartment in the not-so-typical attic of a very large house. A very large house with absolutely no central air conditioning. It was the first moment in my life where I began sweating the moment I stepped out of the shower. Literally had a 2 second window of feeling clean. You cannot begin to pack enough underwear for an occasion like that.

Nonetheless I spent the majority of the day under a not-so-cool tent on the practice putting green taking pictures of the teams as they rode past. I was under the tent with 5 retired men and had a good time with them. In fact, it made me realize that I liked these strangers immensely more than I could stand my co-workers. In fact, when left with the option of getting out of a normal day's work or sitting at the golf course with those people, I chose to go back to work. Yeah, they're that bad.

I didn't feel too bad. About 10 minutes after I made it back to the office, a huge rain cloud opened up and the afternoon round got cancelled. Which only means that we'll regrettably have to golf another day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...