Pages

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Seinfeld is true

This morning I saw yet another example of Seinfeld in my daily life. One would think that a sitcom that ended more than 5 years ago would stop resonating in today's culture, but it's not so.

Every morning as I pass the American Red Cross building and for the last week or so, a single man marches back and forth outside. After first, he carried a crutch with a sign on it that read, "Discrimination is alive in 2005. American Red Cross has unfair hiring practices." From one standpoint, I had to immediately think of Kramer's strike against the bagel company. I also admired that it was freezing and he was outside.

However, the marketing person in me wanted to tell him to shorten his signs to increase readership. This side of me comes out in the least compassionate ways. Once I saw a homeless man with his sign written in ball point pen. I thought my highest contribution to him could be a Sharpie.

Sharpies aside, it's hard to think of time when someone didn't "yada, yada, yada" or "double dip." Every time I go to Atlanta Bread Company, I chuckle when I see that they see muffin tops. I have to suppress the urge to shout "Top of the Muffin to You!" at the top of my lungs. Self-restraint has never really been a strong suit of mine and this pretty much stretches me to my limits.

You're sooo good looking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...