Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Peyton Manning's Neck? Yeah, that was My Fault.

It all started with an innocent request.

"What do you want for your birthday?" Chef asked.

"I don't know," I said. "Maybe some Colts stuff because my t-shirt is getting so bad."

And with those words, I became the jinx of a nation. I put in jeopardy the longest active start streak for my selfish need to own a cute Manning jersey. What does one have to do with the other? Probably nothing, but if you're like other sports fanatics, it might be something.

Logically I know that assigning luck--good or bad-- to any object is purely fiction and only in my head. But I happen to have some items that have been lucky every time I had them on or perhaps wore them unwashed every game during a win streak (yes, sometimes I'm a dude). And I decided that it was time to retire my huge, stained white Colts t-shirt in honor of a cute, female cut Manning jersey. And for that, I'm punished because now it could be that on the first Colts game day, I'll be wearing my jersey, but Manning might not be wearing his.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...