Pages

Monday, August 01, 2011

Things Animals Smell Like


It seems like all animals (particularly pets) have a certain smell to them. Some better than others, of course. And I'm not talking about the smell of feces or dog food or kitty breath. It's more like how their dander smells. And it's not something that every one can smell. It's more like an acquired smell of the owners or those who live in close proximity of an animal.

For example, I've known dogs that smelled like
cheese. My last dog smelled like cool ranch Doritos. But it wasn't until last night that I thought about how our cats smell. Chef leaned down to sniff Mila's head and immediately said "Her head smells like Reese's peanut butter." He was so vehement in his thought that he picked her up (she's loathed to be picked up) and stuck her head in my face. I smelled the back of her head, as you would a baby to take in that great powdery newborn smell, and sure enough. It was exactly like Reese's peanut butter.

This morning while vacuuming the apartment, I realized that our cats collective fur also has the odor of Doritos (normal flavor). It was upon that remark that Chef said "Do you think we really do have cats that smell like food or that we're just hungry?"

I think we have cats that smell. What does your pet smell like?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ahh.. I KNOW what you are talking about. My dog (RIP)the Husky AND one of my cats (Maximus - my fave) BOTH smelled like cotton candy. I would always bury my nose and face on their head and kiss them. Over time, I thought.. maybe it's my lipstick causing those smells. BUT - Cotton Candy it was. As for the others: things like butt, bad breath and other yucky things.. hahaha. But my faves - always cotton candy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...