Pages

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Longer than Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra

Suck it, Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman! Chef and I have been married longer than you were. I thought it would be fun to benchmark our marriage on the marriages of celebrities. Of course, it's probably only fun to do that when you're doing well. If there's a long span in similar postings it means I either lost interest in the topic or I'm nervous about bench marking.

Of course, the next question is whether to benchmark our actual marriage or the time we've been together. Because I didn't think of this topic nearly seven years ago and wasn't confident enough to realize that it was going to last this long, I'm choosing to say marriage. (Although I know that in my head I'll be adding nearly seven years on).

Of course, this also gives me the opportunity to make snarky comments about other couples that could clearly come back to haunt me some day, but I'm living for today. Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra were technically married for six months but began divorce plans a mere 10 days after the Vegas wedding. The bride wore a tux. The groom wore a gown. Just how we always dreamed it would be, right girls? So, we've not filed or begun divorce proceedings after more than a month of marriage. We officially beat out Dennis and Carmen. If you want to get technical, I can bust out Britney Spears and Jason Alexander (no, not Costanza) wedding that lasted 55 hours.

Anyway, I love any picture that features jazz hands, so while Carmen and Dennis didn't last, I'm happy they at least had publicity photos taken that can last forever. And isn't that the sign of any good marriage? Having joint publicity photos is a commitment for Hollywood. Maybe Chef and Is should head down to the Sears Portrait Studio. . .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...