Pages

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Relegated to the Bench

Last night I was starting my nightly toning exercises at the gym. Mornings are for cardio and evenings are for toning. At least lately. I was starting yesterday and as I began, I felt a small pop near my hip. It was a pop that I knew wasn't audible to anyone except me. Or at least I assumed that it wasn't. As soon as I started to do another lunge, I knew that something was wrong.

Because I'm an idiot, I kept going and finished my workout. I just omitted doing any lunges or moves that required me to bend my hip flexor. When I got back to the apartment, Chef helped input my symptoms into webMD and BAM! IT confirmed that I either strained or pulled my hip muscle. You might ask why I needed confirmation. Well, I'm still coming to grips with the arthritis that's primarily affecting my hip joint so it was a little hard for me to pinpoint if this was a joint or muscle issue.

So, I'm relegated to icing and aleve until the pain subsides. Bright side was that I got to sleep in this morning. Down side was that I was pretty sure that I was going to go over my calorie count. To that I say, tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...