Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stuff I Ate When I was Fat(ter)

Today is goal reporting day and I hit a big one this morning. Or at least what seems like a big one: I have lost 25 pounds since moving to LA. Despite numerous splurges, our wedding and honeymoon, new restaurant explorations, business trips and my utter lack of self-restraint at times, I'm only 6 lbs away from hitting a new low. And it's only down from there.

When thinking back to when I was well over 200 lbs, I think about what I ate then compared to now. Here are some things that I used to eat alone, with no one watching, judging: entire DiGiorno pizzas, entire boxes of TGIFriday's loaded potato skins, entire loaves of bread dipped in olive oil and seasonings, a box of ice sugar cookies, tubes of chocolate chip cookie dough, entire orders of Papa John's cheesesticks, pancakes with toast, bacon and hashbrown casserole from Cracker Barrel, the Baconator with large fries from Wendy's, cupcakes-lots of cupcakes. And that actually could've been in just a week's time.

I have other things to celebrate. Here's my progress to this week's goals:
  • Pages of fiction read: 113
  • Fiction read:State of Wonder (finished it and it was okay); started Eating the Dinosaur by Chuck Klosterman
  • Fiction listened to via audiobook: None. I keep forgetting to load my ipod back with the book I was listening to.
  • Creative writing every day: yes
  • Five pages written: Yes-- and then some!
  • Calorie tracking: Check. Averaged 298 calories under my daily goal.
  • Exercise: 345 minutes of exercise in the last week.
  • Friends and family: Done.
  • Weight Loss: Down 0.8 lb
  • Short story done by August 27th: I worked for 4 hours on Sunday and didn't think I was finished. I did some tweaking and I sent what I thought was finished. Or at least ready for some heavy edits. i missed my deadline. I turned it in on Monday.
New weekly goal: I hope to have at least 5 pages types on a new story/ essay.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...