Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Stupid Triathlon

It's not enough that people actually volunteer to run, swim and bike all over God's creation in the name of fun, but do they have to shut down the roads too? (Chef to me yesterday: You know you'd do one if you actually could.  He's probably right.) Yesterday as Chef and I were leaving to go see Moneyball, we were confronted with a big problem. We were on one side of Olympic Avenue and the movie theater was on the other.

The thing about this movie theater is its awesomeness and the fact you prepay for your tickets to select your seat. So we couldn't change theaters. And the triathlon route ran from Santa Monica to downtown LA, so there was no easy way around it. Keep in mind that had we lived one measly block further north we'd have had no problem.

After having a near panic attack (those of you who know me know that I cannot stand being late to movies, theater, basically anything that starts on a schedule gets me anxious--I want to be there, in my seats, waiting), Chef called the theater, told them we weren't going to make our early sinner showing and got us in to the next showing 50 minutes later.

In the end, we got there just in time. And it was totally worth it. Moneyball was everything and nothing like I expected it to be. In the end, it was just great storytelling, and isn't that what any good movie or book is supposed to be?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...