Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Should I Google+?


      All week I've been getting invites to Google+ and seeing other people on it, but I'm not quite convinced I should do it. I know they just hit 43 million users and all, but is anyone out there on Google+? What's good about it? I'm thinking I'm about at my social media limits right now, but as a marketer and PR person, I'm curious. 


      Anyway, on to what I've done for the week!

      • Pages of fiction read: 59% of a 384 page book. So, that's technically 226 pages. That's one thing you lose with a Kindle. The actual page count. 
      • Fiction read: The Hunger Games. I'm an idiot. I should've listened to my friends months or years ago when they told me to read these. Very entertaining.
      • Fiction listened to via audiobook: None. Still enchanted by Pandora. 
      • Five pages written: Yes!!! I revised a section of the novel that went from 6 pages to 12. Which is good because I tend to write at too quick a pace.
      • Calorie tracking: Check. But I ate horribly. I really and truly am back on it this week. And the whole week. Not just Monday through Thursday as I have been. (She writes after having half a bagel today.)
      • Exercise: 290 minutes of exercise in the last week. But I missed two work outs because I was sick.
      • Friends and family: Done. Komen walk time brings us all closer. Or at least me more nostalgic.
      • Weight Loss: Zero. But this week will be different!
      • Story submission:I did it. I submitted an edited version of my short story for the NPR Three Minute Fiction contest. I'm already a winner because I actually accomplished something. 
      • One revised section of novel per week:  Check! Now I'm reworking the beginning of the novel. I've read beginnings of six of my favorite books to see what it is about them that cpatures me. Now I'm trying to do it. 
        • Anyone have any examples of good fiction beginnings they'd like to share? (Other than "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.")

      No comments:

      LinkWithin

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...